Wednesday 6 August 2014

Super Spidey-Man! Issue 8

This month we present “The Worst Issue Ever” 

with special guest writer Tom (Father of Joss) Whedon!!!

And a special thank you to Darren Wilson and Izzy World who not only provide the front cover quote, but also appear in the letters page

And because you didn't complain enough, the return of Batroc!



NEXT WEEK :- She-Hulk, The Babe of Thunder rocks the world!



























Is This Some Sort of Joke?!?

If you are one of the probably very few people who read all my blog entries all the way through, here is a little “Easter Egg” for you

Very recently I went to see “The Guardians Of The Galaxy” movie and just beforehand I made a reference to waiting since 1978 for this movie and finding “My inner Starlord” on Facebook

This is because inside the very first comic that ever got brought for me, which was Star Wars Weekly Issue 22 July 5th 1978 - was a reprint of Star-Lord by Chris Claremont, John Byrne & Tom Orzechowski

This story was a lightning bolt of inspiration, particularly in the art, it was a perfect story for me at that age

This story lead me to follow John Byrne from that point onwards until the present day

That sory and the comic very much still continue to inspire and be used as reference in projects I do, it was a black and white Marvel UK comic, reprinting the best of Bronze Age Science Fiction!

A few years later I found out there was actually a Star-Lord story proceeding the Claremont and Byrne one and other Star-Lord stories following some of which never saw print in Star Wars Weekly

So I managed to get hold of all the original Marvel Preview magazines (which are also Black and White) and I have kept them for quite a few years

Now, hopefully as anyone who has seen the “The Guardians Of The Galaxy” will know in the movie there is a different, but very personal beginning for the young Peter Quill (before he became Starlord)

Also, if you have been to a comic book shop recently you may have seen that the Marvel Preview issues featuring Star-lord are now worth quite a bit of money

So I thought, why not put my issues up for sale and put all the money to Macmillan Cancer Support, as that what Peter Quill would do, if he could

If you wanted to bid on these comics they are on ebay:-


or just spread the word to get people to have a look and make a bid that would be great, every penny raised will make a difference

And in celebration of the inspiration of Star-lord on my efforts so far, and in celebration of the action packed Guardians Of The Galaxy (which is the best Marvel studios movie ever)

Here is my attempt at a panel - my personal favourite - from my favourite Star-Lord Story by Chris Claremont , John Byrne, Terry Austin & Tom Orzechowski

I hope you enjoy it!


Thanks 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.